Crystal vs. Crystal-Free Technology
The technique of microdermabrasion has proven to be a most innovative and effective treatment for almost any type of skin problem as well as the symptoms of aging. The reason for this is the constant stimulation of cell renewal, by process of removing the excess dead skin cells on the stratum corneum. Prior to DiamondTome™, microdermabrasion worked with a vacuum technique that guided micro-crystals (aluminum oxide, salt, baking soda) over the upper layers of the skin. These crystals would abrade layer per layer of the epidermis. Although proven to be an effective treatment, the process has experienced numerous shortcomings and problems:
1) The risk of particles remaining embedded in the skin.
2) Particles being propelled into the eyes
3) Patients and Aestheticians having to breath aluminum oxide dust or other microcrystals.
4) The aggravation and mess of crystals...
5) Dust and damage to the treatment room
6) Clogging due to humidity or filters that forever need changing.
7) Expense incurred due to downtime of machine (all machines clog) and
the expense of crystals to purchase.
Who Benefits from DiamondTome™
DiamondTome™ offers benefits to anyone who wants to improve specific skin conditions and rejuvenate the overall health and appearance of their skin.
• Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
• Rejuvenates sun-damaged skin
• Reduce age spots
• Minimize blotchy skin coloring
• Reduce acne, chicken pox scars, and superficial scars from a past injury
• Extract blackheads and whiteheads.
• Integrate cosmetic surgery or laser treatments
• Improve overall skin health