The technique of microdermabrasion has proven to be a most innovative and effective treatment for almost any type of skin problem as well as the symptoms of aging. The reason for this is the constant stimulation of cell renewal, by process of removing the excess dead skin cells on the stratum corneum. Prior to NewApeel™, microdermabrasion worked with a vacuum technique that guided micro-crystals (aluminum oxide, salt, baking soda) over the upper layers of the skin. These crystals would abrade layer per layer of the epidermis. Although proven to be an effective treatment, the process has experienced numerous shortcomings and problems:
1) The risk of particles remaining embedded in the skin.
2) Particles being propelled into the eyes
3) Patients and Aestheticians having to breath aluminum oxide dust or other microcrystals.
4) The aggravation and mess of crystals...
5) Dust and damage to the treatment room
6) Clogging due to humidity or filters that forever need changing.
7) Expense incurred due to downtime of machine (all machines clog) and
the expense of crystals to purchase.